Here’s another virtually-unseen AMV that I hold in the highest regard, one that tragically wasn’t on Youtube until today.  “Shinji’s Odyssey” is a really enjoyable AMV that, in my opinion, should be better-known than it is. It might not be on the same level as a masterpiece like “Evangelion Opus” but it aspires to reach the same grand heights via classic rock-storytelling and mostly succeeds. It’s fun and doesn’t take itself too seriously, either.

This was put together back in 2004 by an editor going by the handle CHAMELEON_D_H, who produced a handful of other videos but appears to have dropped out of the hobby several years ago, alluding to military service and college classes in his short bio. Here’s hoping for a return, though that’s nearly unheard of in this hobby when editors disappear. He does appear to still be lurking at the Org. Hopefully he doesn’t mind that I changed the aspect ratio his AMV from 16:9 to 4:3. Only the clips taken from End of Evangelion are widescreen, and that makes up maybe 20% of the video. Better off to fix the other 80% of the video by resetting it to 4:3 and hoping that no one minds the rest, imho.

Advertisements